Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

DIY Pillows for Living Room

Sometimes when you really want to find a fabric that works in a room you can't find anything. Then there are those times you are just walking around JoAnn's and you stumble across the perfect fabric.  The latter happened to me last week.  I found this very pretty fabric in JoAnn's for $6.99 a yard so I bought one yard.  I was pretty sure it would go in my living room.  When I got home I was so happy to see that it really did have the perfect colors for the room.
Right away I got to work on some new pillows.  Because I wasn't 100% sure about the colors when I was standing in the store I only bought one yard of fabric.  
That's ok...I had some coordinating fabric I bought a while ago that worked and I sewed up some pillows using the same tutorial I used here.  Honestly, since I learned how to sew a pillow with a zipper, pillow making has become so much easier.  I whipped out three pillows in less than a half hour.  The blue/grey solid fabric picked up on those same tones in the floral fabric as well as the blue/grey in my Serena and Lily awesome throw from Home Goods.  
  One of the reasons I made these pillows is I wanted to simply how many different patterns I had on both sofas.  I think the more unified look is easier on the eye.
In order to achieve this, I really needed one more gold pillow.  I went through my stash of fabric and found enough of the gold fabric left to make one more pillow with a zipper.  Yay!
So what do you think of my new pillows?

Have a great day.

-Judy

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

They look amazing. I love this room and the new fabric and pillows are gorgeous.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Judy!!

Unknown said...

Very nice. Learning to sew a pillow cover with zipper is such a great skill ( I wish I knew!!!).
Best,
Michelle from simplysantabarbara.blogspot.com
(Come visit my blog! :)

Sew Can Do said...

They turned out great and you can't beat the price! It's reminded me I really need to get sewing some over here too:)

Unknown said...

Beautiful fabric! The pillows look amazing, Judy! I need to stop being scared to try pillow making, you have inspired me! Thank you for sharing :)

Jill said...

That's a great find. Love it when the unexpected happens. I will be viewing your pillow tutorial soon as I have been delaying making pillows as I thought they would be a big project.

Unknown said...

Your pillows tie in great with all your decor! I'm really eyeing pillows right now because I have a rug coming for my living room and I know I will need to change out my current ones to look right. I hope I can get it as perfect as you have. Thanks for sharing and be blessed,
Patti

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...